PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
- Information collected through mediums other than our Services;
- Information collected by any person or entity other than us, even if related to our Services (such as a third-party website, application, widget or lead form); or
Information We Collect and Receive About You
We may receive or collect several types of information about you. This information is collected as described below.
Information You Provide
The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms, fields or profile information through our Services;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions;
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
- When you create an account to access or use our Services; and
- When you otherwise use our Services.
Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, other users and our business partners.
General Use and Preference Information
We may collect, receive and store information regarding your general use of our Services (such as details of how and when you used our Services, interactions with our Services, log in information, resources that you access, your Internet protocol address, your browser type, and your device type), as well as your preferences.
In general, personal information you submit to us is used to provide the Services, to respond to requests that you make, and to aid us in serving you better. For example, we use your personal information to provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Services; communicate with you about your account, your use of the Services and any changes to our policies; tailor content, advertisements, rewards, and offers as a part of the Services; improve the Services; provide you with marketing materials and promotions of interest; process transactions; and for other internal business purposes. We reserve the right to freely collect, use and disclose information collected automatically via technology.
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time and store them in log files. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
If you enable the collection of location information on your device, then we may collect information about your actual location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates. We may also use other technologies to determine your location (such as through the location of nearby Wi-Fi access points or cell towers), or obtain your location information from third parties. If you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, if you device gives you that option.
We may collect your phone number in several ways. For example, we may collect your phone number: (i) if you submit your phone number to us through our Services; (ii) if you submit your phone number to sign up for or facilitate the creation of a personalized account associated with our Services; (iii) by capturing your phone number if you call us; or (iv) if a third party provides your phone number to us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Log Files, Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our partners, affiliates, advertisers, analytics teams, or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML5 to collect and store information.
How We Use Information
We may make Use of Your Information for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
- Engage in customer support. For example, we might confirm and complete transactions requested by you, verify information you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
- Fulfill a request initiated by you. For example, if you initiate a query for certain types of tailored information materials, we may use Your Information to provide you with the information you’ve requested.
- Contact you and provide you with information. For example, we might provide or contact you through telephone, email, postal or other communications with Service updates, account related confirmations or verifications, promotional materials, surveys, offers, personalized information and other information from us or our business partners.
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations. For example, we might obtain feedback regarding our Services, understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, better understand your use of our Services, customize and tailor Service content and advertising, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, engage in statistical analysis and provide feedback to our vendors, advertisers and other third parties.
- Create ad targeting Profiles (“Profiles”) based on your interactions with our Services. Profiles will not include personal information you provide to us such as your name or email address. Profiles are associated with a persistent user identifier and may include information such as spending habits, shopping intent, demographic information and other information inferred from your online characteristics and behavior. We may share these Profiles with advertisers, advertising networks and other third parties for their and our own marketing purposes.
How We Disclose Information
General Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Your Information:
- To third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to our Services or about products or services you may find of interest; If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at email@example.com.
- On an anonymous, aggregated basis, to third parties for purposes that include research, analysis, retail marketing, and relevant advertising;
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services’ maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to Use Your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep Your Information confidential;
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
If you do not want Your Information shared as described above, then you should not provide us with Your Information.
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take Your Information and de-identify it either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating Your Information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-identifying Your Information). We reserve the right to share, loan, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose such information to third parties at any time, for any lawful purpose, without notice or compensation to you.
Sharing with Friends
Circumvention of Security Measures
When you enter sensitive information (such as last four digits of your social security number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register with or use certain portions of the Services. The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 years of age may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
User Generated Content
We offer publicly accessible blogs and other interactive media through our Services. To request removal of Your Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.comIn some cases, we may not be able to remove Your Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of a website, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website. Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions through our Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.orgWe will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In addition, if the portion of our Services allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update Your Information by logging into that portion of our Services, visiting your account profile page and making changes.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). You can prevent DAA member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the DAA’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the DAA, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the DAA and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt out choice.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Third Party Widgets and Plug-ins
Operation of our Services in the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with Your Information, you consent to this transfer.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding Your Information, please contact us at email@example.com
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS — YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personal information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Amanda Horowitz Media, LLC
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.
2. User Account. If you register as a user of this Site, you will be assigned a username and password that is unique to you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to notify us of any unauthorized use of your username and password or any other breach of security at email@example.com
3. Our Content Rights. Unless otherwise noted, this Site, including, without limitation, all text, articles, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video and audio files, programs, products, processes, technology, information, content and other materials, together with all copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property therein (collectively, “Content”), and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) are owned by us, or by third parties who have licensed such Content to us. Such Content is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Fight Back! is a registered trademark which may not be utilized without the express written consent of its owner. We, on behalf of ourselves and our licensors, expressly reserve all rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, in this Site and all Content and compilation of Content from time to time available on this Site. Access to this Site does not confer, and shall not be considered as conferring, upon you or any other user of the Site any license or other rights to the Site, the Content or the compilation of Content.
4. Non-Transferability. Your right to use this Site is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information is not transferable.
5. No Warranties. We provide this Site to you on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not make any representations or warranties that: (a) the information or other materials available on our Site will be error-free; (b) defects in our Site will be corrected; (c) our Site or its servers are free of viruses or other harmful components; and/or (d) our Site will be secure, and accessible continuously and without interruption. Further, the content on the Site and any information provided in response to any inquiry by you is intended only as a service to the public and does not constitute legal, medical, or financial advice. The Site DOES NOT provide any legal, medical, or financial services or legal, medical, or financial advice and you should consult with your own licensed professional if seeking such advice. Please be advised we are not licensed professionals in any field. Accordingly, we do not make any representations or warranties regarding the use, accuracy, reliability, and/or completeness of the information or other materials available on our Site.
7. Ownership of Material Transmitted By You to The Site. You hereby authorize the Site and its owner(s) to utilize all material submitted by you to the Site, including questions, statements, inquiries and any other information (the “Material”) in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, to reproduce, record, transmit, broadcast, exploit, publicize, exhibit, depict, simulate, advertise, promote, exhibit, and otherwise exploit the Material, and any and all ancillary or derivative rights associated therewith, by any and all means (including without limitation and by way of example only, via film, television, internet, social media, magazine, and/or book), devices, media, processes and technology of any nature whatsoever whether now known or hereafter devised (collectively, the “Rights”). Please note that the Site will not publicize any personal identifying information which is submitted by you to the Site such as email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers. You acknowledge that by submitting any Material, you are at least 18 years of age, and that you have all right, title and interest to Material and the right to submit the Material to the Site.
8. Limitations on Use. No Content from the Site may be copied, reproduced, framed, hyperlinked, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way; provided, however, you may download, where specifically permitted, one copy of the Content on any single computer for your personal, non- commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior permission from us, or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Content. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation: (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing”; or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Site other than the search engine and search agents available on this Site and other than generally available third-party web browsers.
9. Limitation on Liability. We do not accept any liability for any conduct, acts or omissions occurring on this Site. Under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any direct, consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or loss of data, even if you claim to have notified us about such damages, or for any claims by any third parties. In no event will our total liability to you exceed the amount you paid to us for any service. Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site and/or any service provided by us must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred.
10. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless, at your own expense, from and against any liability, fees (including attorney’s fees), and/or costs arising out of or relating to any breach or violation of the Terms by you, including, but not limited to, any action arising out of any Material you transmit to the Site.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the Terms or the ownership, operation, or maintenance of this Site shall be resolved exclusively in the appropriate state or, where subject matter jurisdiction is proper, federal court in Los Angeles County, California. All such disputes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
13. Entire Agreement. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to your access to and use of this Site and supersede any prior or contemporaneous representations or agreements. The Terms shall govern our respective legal rights and obligations. Any rights not otherwise expressly granted by the Terms are reserved by us.
Disclaimer for written content:
The content on this page provides general consumer information. It is not legal or professional advice. If you are seeking professional advice, you should consult with your own licensed professional. Fight Back! updates information periodically. We do not assume any liability or responsibility for the interpretation, application, or accuracy of any information provided. This information may include links or references to third-party resources or content. We do not endorse the third-party or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party information.